Gifford Medical Center
Gifford is seeking a Nurse Educator/Clinical Associate to work in our Randolph, VT location. This position will have Joint Affiliation with the Vermont State University VTC/CU Schools of Nursing.
The Nurse Educator/Clinical Associate will assume responsibility and leadership for the coordination of nursing programs and projects that support the vision of nursing and safe, effective quality patient.
• **Assumes the role of Clinical Associate for VSU SON (VTC, CU)** assists nursing students to develop all aspects of clinical practice by applying theory to practice. The clinical associate links the didactic portion of learning for the students to clinical experience. The Clinical Associate is responsible for maintaining a functional knowledge of the assigned health care environments by providing orientation and complying with all facility requirements. The Clinical associate will coordinate, plan and teach VSU nursing Clinical rotations at Gifford Healthcare. The Clinical Associate maintains current knowledge of the Vermont State University Schools of Nursing (Castleton and VTC) requirements through regular attendance of faculty meetings.
• **Assumes the role of Gifford Nursing Educator**-responsible for the evaluation of nursing practice and associated programs, policies and systems that support nursing practice. In collaboration with Nursing Leadership and staff nurses, the nurse educator makes process and practice recommendations, designs and implements practice changes to align with evidence-based practice and quality goals. Works with the Nurse Education team to assist to design education, training, programs and policies to enhance practice and professional accountability focused on positive patient outcomes
Gifford is a hospital based in Randolph, Vermont serving the Central Vermont population. We offer a range of benefits to our employees, including:
• Competitive pay with new salary ranges
• Self-funded health insurance plan with Gifford contributing up to 93% of the premium (depending on the plan chosen)
• Dental and vision benefits, long-term and short-term disability as well as life insurance
• Defined contribution 403(b) retirement plan which includes a 4% employer deposit and 1% match after one year
• Generous amount of earned time off that promotes work life balance. In addition, you receive 6 holidays
• Tuition reimbursement, most employees may be eligible for PSLF (Public Service Loan Forgiveness) program
• Employee discounts at local retailers
• Locations throughout Central Vermont; our hospital is just off I-89 and our clinics are sprinkled through Washington, Orange and Windsor counties
• Onsite Parking and Childcare
• Current RN license in the state of Vermont
• 5 years of acute care nursing required
• BLS Certification
• Clinical and/or didactic teaching experience required
• Simulation experience preferred