Gifford Medical Center
The Infection Prevention Specialist is responsible for the identification, investigation, reporting, prevention and control of infections. The Infection Prevention Specialist provides staff education including techniques to minimize the risk or transmission of infection and incorporates on-going process improvement methodologies into infection prevention/quality improvement initiatives.
* Competitive wages
* Onsite parking and childcare
* An excellent retirement plan
* Health plans including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability
* Discounted gym membership
* Employee discounts at local retailers
**Duties and Responsibilities**
• Develops and maintains the organizational Infection Prevention and Control Plan in accordance with CDC and APIC guidelines and CMS Conditions of Participation, as appropriate.
• Performs surveillance duties and record keeping of patients who develop Health Care Associated Infections (HAIs).
• Reports to appropriate state, county and local health agencies regarding infections and other communicable diseases.
• Provides education and direction to staff within the context of the expertise of Infection Prevention
• Consults with providers and nursing staff to develop, implement, and evaluate care plans for particular patients and families for prevention or management of infections
• Consults with Employee Health nurse regarding patient and/or employee infection risk or exposure
• Proactively pursues continuing education to maintain knowledge of changes in regulations, best practices and products
• Demonstrates sound interpersonal and communicative skills.
• Current VT RN license or MT(ASCP)
• 2- 3 years relevant work experience.
• Previous infection control experience desirable, Certified Infection Control (CIC) preferred, CIC expected within three years of hire.
• Experience with performance improvement methods and tools, group facilitation, project management; CPHQ certification desired
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint