North Country Hospital
**Sign On Bonus Available for Experienced Candidates**
**Statement of Purpose**
The RN II, in addition to all RN I functions, duties and responsibilities, collaborates with other healthcare providers in overseeing an ongoing comprehensive plan of care for a complex patient or groups of patient. Anticipates consequences of altered physiologic homeostasis and utilizes advanced skills to initiate early interventions. Participates in identifying, planning and implementing changes to improve unit operations and patient care outcomes. Qualified to function in the role of preceptor. Assumes responsibility for continued professional development and shares knowledge with others. May apply for Clinical Ladder. See Clinical Ladder guidelines for levels.
**ER – Statement of Purpose**
In addition to the staff nurse job description, the nurse will oversee and coordinate the care for patients in the Emergency Department.
**Essential functions, responsibilities, and duties**
* Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors, physicians, and peers while assuring patient confidentiality.
* Teamwork in the Emergency Department is essential. The staff nurse prioritizes care needs and tasks within a multi-patient assignment and reprioritizes work as patient or unit needs change.
* Completes the triage process as the patient’s primary nurse, screens for possible abuse and neglect, reviews the medication history and documents their assessment based on chief complaint.
* Assists with IV placement and phlebotomy, carries out physician orders. Assures specimens are labeled appropriately and transported to the laboratory.
* Transports patients as needed to radiology, cardiology, or the inpatient unit. Cleans and stocks rooms between patients.
* Advocates for patient/family needs and addresses difficult situations appropriately. Treats each patient’s special needs with consideration of their uniqueness.
* Completes all teaching during review of the discharge paperwork with the patient and family, addressing their concerns and questions.
Education: Graduate of a nursing program: diploma, associate degree, or baccalaureate program. BSN preferred. Experience: 1-2 years of direct patient care as an RN, or after nurse residency or orientation program. BLS required for hire for all RN positions. AVADE for all RNs every 2 years. ACLS, TNCC, PALS, PEARS is optional