Gifford Medical Center
Under close/general supervision by licensed personnel the Emergency Department Technician will perform a variety of functions in support and care of patients requiring urgent or emergency care in an urgent care or emergency medical setting.
* Competitive wages
* Onsite parking and childcare
* An excellent retirement plan
* Health plans including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability
* Discounted gym membership
* Employee discounts at local retailers
**Duties and Responsibilities**
* Receives direction and assignments from physicians and nurses and provides technical support to optimize patient care.
* Responsible for reporting on the condition of patient/client to the appropriate staff members.
* Coordinate and assist with care as directed.
* Cleans and stocks carts, rooms, and changes linen, as required.
* Assists with transport of patients to other departments.
* Assist with resuscitation/CPR and other emergency procedures.
* Assist with obtaining and documentation of vital signs and placement of oxygen saturation, cardiac monitoring, and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring systems.
* Assist with other technical functions such as: obtaining 12-lead EKGs, discontinuation of peripheral IV and heparin/saline locks, maintenance and care of specimens for laboratory analysis, and point of care testing.
* Assist with wound care.
* Assists with positioning patients, application of orthopedic splints and dressings.
* Measure and fit crutches and canes; instruct patients on proper crutch and cane walking.
* Maintains appropriate documentation.
* Maintains use of appropriate medical equipment and supplies.
* Participate in team meetings and in-services as needed.
* Responsible for performing tasks that are within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge, and permitted by the policies and procedures of local state, and federal guidelines; and the policies of the facility requesting the services
* Licensing: Proof of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification from an approved institution or training program or proof of Licensed Nursing Assistant License with the state of VT.
* Training and Experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification preferred.
* Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
* Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
* Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.